Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week se7en: the library wiki....

Reality-wise: all the wiki is is yet another "homepage" aka face for the internet. And on the real, ours showed it's true colors too, with lots of library-esque posts littered throughout the pages, tho a part of me wonders how come nobody put down the San Jose Library webpage on the Favorite Links Page? Anyways, I added the link to SJL2 wiki down on the right under the header loulou `ikepili (which roughly translated mean links), because I had some fun with it infusing a little different spices to the mix (recipe: 1/2c of Mochiko and 3 pinches of Garlic Salt).

I mean, for the most part I didn't lie. I really do like McDonald's, tho my wife and I have made a choice to give it up for Lent. I do eat Fish and Poi when I can. I could have put pipikaula as well . And I do have the bodyboarding movie, The Untouchables, on repeat on the vcr when I'm home alone. It's a vhs tape and i kept my vcr primarily because of this movie. I ain't exactly hi tech, so I don't exactly know how to convert it to dvd yet (it's not available on any other format and it's out of print to boot). Reminds me that I should ask Mike on a day he's here on the how-to's of video conversion.

My nephews love the Wiggles and hearing the Wiggles reminds me of them:





"...and they were blue badababa, and red badababa and yellow badababa and moonface too..."

actually the line really ends "and purple too!" but one of Oomba's many nicknames is Moonface, so we threw it in there to make him smile as well.



Shaka Baby


oh! and furthermore, on my vacation in March, aside from the Fred Hall Fishing and Boating Show in Long Biotch, I am also going to take my nephews to the Wiggles Show at Universal Studios. So there!

But I did post seriously. Kamau and, to an extent the follow-up, Kamau A`e by Alani Apio, is a pair of screenplays from Kumu Kahua theatre that I do recommend. It involves the identity formation of young Hawaiians in Modern Hawai`i. And seriously, there are definitely more books (and other Favorites) out there that I could have flooded the pages with (funny thing is I do have an extensive personal library of Hawai`i material but since working here I hate books), but rather than dominate any of the pages, I let the talkers talk... cyberly of course.





sloths like to give out hugs for fun.

No comments: