
Dear Admin,
Despite my futile attempts to avoid ravenous paparazzi and their camera utensils, my bigfoot-esque mug has been captured time and time again. Ugly, mind you (what was my wife thinking?), but quite memorable. In my childhood, Ponce De Leon happened to visit me in a cloudy medicinal-induced dreamstate and shared with me the secret to eternal youth. To the delight of my wife, nothing much has changed albeit I sworn off the kojak stylings for long shiny dark well-conditioned brunette locks. True story.
Anyways, I've worked for the University library for nearly five years, which ultimately means that I've been a mainstay before the San Jose Public Library SJSUniversity Branch: King Library II opened. Yet, this morning, as I seeked to be pro-active and get the paperwork okay-ed from Aggie, I was denied entrance into the 4th floor office because the receptionist didn't know me. Last I checked, a suit and tie wasn't required, but I suppose Jeans and a sweatshirt had me flagged as an anti-library taro-ist. (FYI, I am a taro-ist. Eat Poi.)
I know, I know, I should be thanking her for setting me straight-- why would any real worker want to hang out with those elitist goons? --but, unfortunately, the obvious benefits of not having to see them does not outweight the dire consequences of messing up my paperwork and thus feeling the wrath of disappointing Aggie. Heck, I actually think a few of them 4th floor folks are A-OK (did I just admit to that?). So, I implore you Admin, know my face, so I won't have to take the elevator back down only to get my card key and take the backroads (with Mac and Mutley) thru the Staff Lounge.
btw, I'm the Yeti aka Sasquatch holding the Ukulele (not ukelele) up front.
Love,
Neil.

No comments:
Post a Comment